Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so – for example, to register for one of our events, to communicate with you, or to improve upon an event.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Registration Information: When you register for any of our events, we ask you for your email, phone, company, job title, and other registration details.
- Communication Information: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, emails, or communicate with us about a support question.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most technical conferences, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you browse one of our websites, including SmartNICsSummit.com, ChipletSummit.com and SemperTechnologies.com.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our events from certain geographic regions.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our events, which helps us improve our events and make them easier to use
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising & marketing
- To monitor and prevent any problems at our events, protect the security of our events, detect and prevent illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Semper Technologies and others
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and information about our events we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on the latest information about our events and
- To personalize your experience when participating in our events, target our marketing messages to groups of our users and serve relevant content.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your registration and participation in one or more of our events or
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our events, to improve our events so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our events, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our events, and to personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent – for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the demographics at our events and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information-and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
We may keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of Semper Technologies websites, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system in order to analyze traffic to our websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our websites for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Semper Technologies does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our events. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Semper Technologies websites, with the drawback that certain features of Semper Technologies’ websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to receive information about our events, you can unsubscribe. Please UNSUBSCRIBE using the link at the bottom of each email from us. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above-for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the ‘GDPR’), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Controllers and Responsible Company
Semper Technologies, a California corporation dba SmartNICs Summit, dba Chiplet Summit, may be addressed to:
PO Box 1258 Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067 USA
How to Reach Us
Email: [email protected]